Andrew is a member of the civil team specialising in Chancery, Civil Litigation and Insolvency matters. Andrew’s diligence on complex, high value matters and relentless focus on achieving a commercially advantageous result has contributed to his impressive success rate.
Andrew’s practice encompasses a wide range of courts and tribunals. This includes:
– General civil litigation, with frequent attendance on Multi-track and Fast-track trials. This includes commercial/contractual disputes, personal injury claims and matters concerning consumer credit.
– Traditional chancery work, with regular appearances in the High Court before Judges and Masters. Andrew’s practice includes Landlord and Tenant, Real Property matters, probate and housing law. He has received instructions in the Upper Land Tribunal and First Tier Tribunal, and has a particular interest in non-domestic ratings. He has extensive attendance on mortgage related matters of particular complex, commercial importance and sensitivity.
– Insolvency matters including Company Insolvency, Winding-up Petitions, TOLATA Applications and Complex Personal Insolvency.
Prior to joining Chambers, Andrew worked as a solicitor advocate, being instructed by many of the country’s largest solicitors. This has given him a real understanding of the commercial pressures on clients and the need for clear, pragmatic advice at all stages in litigation.
Andrew also undertakes Public Access work.
University of York – 2.1 (hons)
Post-graduate Diploma in law
Chess, guitar, running, cooking and juggling work with two small children!
- Fraud and misrepresentation
- Housing, planning and local government
- Personal injury, criminal injury and clinical negligence
- Property and wills (chancery, trusts of land, family provision and probate)