Clare practises in Crime and Regulatory Crime both defending and acting for non-CPS prosecution agencies.
Clare has significant experience in serious crime as a leading and led junior.
Further Professional Information
Has also undertaken:
* Prison adjudications;
* Coroners Court appearances;
* Trustee Youth Legal Roehampton.
Middle Temple Scholarships:
* Astbury Pupillage Award
* Mona de Piro Prize
* Benefactors Award
* Harmsworth Entrance Award
Two young children. So – tidying up.
- Confiscation and asset recovery
- Criminal law (including fraud)
- Prison law and prison crime
- Regulatory crime
- Serious fraud
* R v P , instructed to represent a former army soldier facing an allegation of the murder of his mother.
* R v R , instructed as leading junior representing an employee of a care home in respect of an allegation of neglect of an elderly resident who subsequently died.
* R v S , instructed as led junior in an allegation of murder by a grandfather of his wife where issues of diminished responsibility arise.
* R v Q  instructed as led junior in case where defendant acquitted of murder having been accused of setting his wife on fire in the kitchen of the family home.
* R v D  instructed as led junior representing a woman acquitted of murder of a teenager who was selling drugs from her flat as part of a county lines gang operation. Her partner was found guilty of murder. Described in national press as the ‘body in the loft’ case.
* R v S  instructed as led junior for youth defendant acquitted of an allegation of joint enterprise murder with firearms.
* R v Y and others  defendant acquitted of an allegation of kidnap with torture.
* R v A  represented female charged with s18. Defendant was said to have branded the penis of the complainant with a hot iron in circumstances that included reference to witchcraft.
Serious sexual offences
* R v R  allegations of sexual assault and child cruelty by step father.
* R v G  an allegations of sexual assault by a step father on his step daughter aged under 13.
* R v R  an allegation of rape.
* R v G  a Nepalese Gurkha nurse facing an allegation of sexual assault on a patient.
* R v H  led junior representing the first defendant in multi-handed allegation of entering into funding arrangements for Terrorism.
* Instructed as led junior in ongoing confiscation proceedings (R v Onuigbo) linked to the high profile proceedings of R v Ibori. Mr Ibori was the Nigerian governor of Delta State 1999-2007 . He was convicted in 2012 of money laundering multiple millions of £ in the UK. The ongoing proceedings include serious allegations of prosecutorial negligence. The sums sought in the confiscation from Ms Obuigbo are in excess of £20 million.
* Led in 2 month fraud trial of members of the traveller community in Luton Crown Court arising out of a joint prosecution by police and Trading Standards Authorities (dealing with Consumer Protection Regulations) (R v Connors and others 2011).
* Led in a 3 month multi-million pound tax evasion trial in Maidstone arising out of the international customs and exercise operation ‘Budget’; acting on behalf one of the main defendants; Confiscation proceedings that followed sought an available amount in excess of 1 million pounds and included an assertion as to hidden assets (R v Percy-Davis and others 2005, confiscation 2007).
* Led Junior in high profile case of R v F  charged with perverting course of justice arising from his allegation that he had been sexually assaulted by a prominent member of parliament.
* Regularly acts alone in proceedings for a wide range of criminal offences (including Fraud, Importation of Class A drugs, Firearms offences, Facilitation of illegal entry, Making of indecent pictures [All levels], Arson with intent to endanger life, s18 OAPA and Robbery).
* Appearances in Court of Appeal in respect of appeals against both Conviction and Sentence.
Instructed in complex fraudulent benefits claim prosecutions brought by London Borough of Brent including:
* Leading Junior Counsel in large scale fraudulent claiming of benefits in excess of £100,000 (LBB v Kalloo 2011). Defendant claimed to be blind. Surveillance footage showed him driving.
* Instructed alone in multi-handed prosecution (6 defendants), confiscation proceedings to recover in excess of 1 million pounds available assets still active LBB v Gm .
* Led Junior in a complex fraudulent benefits claim jointly prosecuted by London Borough of Brent and DWP (with losses circa £200,000 relating to Housing benefit, Council Tax, Income Support and Disability Living Allowance). Defendant claimed to be a bed-bound paraplegic. Photographs showed her holidaying around the world.
* Acting alone RSPCA prosecutions.